||54º 27’ 58’’ N
||18º 41’ 59’’ E
|Century of construction
A warship (galleon) lying in the approximate distance of 8 km north from the Gdańsk port offing at the depth of 14 m.
The vessel has been bought in the Netherland (it has not been conclusively established if it has been a trade ship or a warship from the very beginning) in the second half of the XVI century, rebuild and armed in the Swedish shipyard in Ălvsborg. The owner of the craft was the Swedish Crown. "Solen"'s displacement amounts to 150 lasts, its length - 17 m and width - 7 m. The galleon (equipped and armed with 38 deck cannons in the second half of the XVI century or in the beginning of the XVII century) became a part of the Swedish war fleet in 1624. The crew consisted of 46 men (this many seamen survived and have been taken prisoner). In the autumn of 1627 the squadron of Swedish warships, which "Solen" was a part of, has been send to the Gdańsk Bay area to block the port, as a part of ongoing the Polish-Swedish War (1626-1629). The galleon took part in the naval battle of Oliwa on the 28th of November 1627. It sunk during the final phase of the battle, surrounded by two Polish fleet warships - galleon "Wodnik" (Aquarius) and flute "Biały Lew" (White Lion). "Solen"'s captain, Alexander Foratt who didn't want it to be boarded, blew the craft up, detonating the gunpowder chamber, located on the bow.